The SNIA Announces its 2013 Board of Directors and Technical Council
SNW, Santa Clara, CA (October 18, 2012) — The Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) is pleased to announce its 2013 Board of Directors and Technical Council during the SNW Fall 2012 conference. The SNIA Board is charged with oversight of the Association's vision and mission as well as ensuring that tangible value accrues to member companies.
“Our activities will continue to expand and evolve as we deliver educational programs, expand our technical leadership in areas such as Analytics and Big Data, Cloud Computing, Solid State Storage, Energy Efficiency, as well as add new cross–industry alliances that benefit the global industry,” said Wayne M. Adams, Chairman of SNIA.
The 2013 SNIA Board of Directors and their roles are:
- Wayne Adams (EMC), Chairman and Executive Committee
- David Dale (NetApp), Vice Chairman and Executive Committee
- SW Worth (Microsoft), Secretary and Executive Committee
- Alan Zmyslowski (Fujitsu America), Treasurer and Executive Committee
- Leo Leger (SNIA), Non-Voting Member, SNIA Executive Director, and Executive Committee
- Don Deel (EMC), Non-Voting Member and Technical Council Chairperson
- Tony Di Cenzo (Oracle), Member
- Glen Jaquette (IBM), Member
- Skip Jones (QLogic), Member
- Peter Manning (HP), Member
- Jim Pappas (Intel), Member
- Molly Rector (Spectra Logic), Member
SNIA’s Technical Council is responsible for providing guidance and direction on the numerous technical activities of the Association including all SNIA architectures and standards, cross–industry alliances, and the agenda of SNIA's standout Storage Developer Conference.
Don Deel, Chairman of the SNIA Technical Council stated, “We will continue to build on the successful technical activities underway across all of our Technical Working Groups delivering technology standards and interoperability programs within a vendor–neutral, collaborative environment.”
The 2013 SNIA Technical Council and their roles are:
- Don Deel (EMC), Chairman
- Leah Schoeb (Evaluator Group), Vice Chairperson
- Duane Baldwin (IBM), Member
- Craig Carlson (QLogic), Member
- Mark Carlson (Oracle), Member
- Gilles Chekroun (Cisco Systems, Belgium), Non-Voting Member
- Fred Knight (NetApp), Member
- Dave Thiel (Dave Thiel Consultant, LLC), Non-Voting Member
- Doug Voigt (HP), Member
- Steve Wilson (Brocade), Member
- Alan Yoder (Huawei Technologies), Member
About the SNIA
The Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) is a not–for–profit global organization, made up of some 400 member companies spanning virtually the entire storage industry. SNIA’s mission is to lead the storage industry worldwide in developing and promoting standards, technologies, and educational services to empower organizations in the management of information. To this end, the SNIA is uniquely committed to delivering standards, education, and services that will propel open storage networking solutions into the broader market. For additional information, visit the SNIA web site at http://www.snia.org or /international for a list of International Affiliates.