Welcome to the Cloud Archive and Preservation Special Interest Group
Whereas with Cloud Backup the cloud is simply a repository of backup data, with Cloud Archive and Preservation, the Cloud is where the active processes occur that ensure long term retention, preservation and viability of data
The mission of the SNIA Cloud Storage Initiative (CSI) Cloud Archive/Preservation Special Interest Group (Cloud Archive SIG) is to advance the use of public, private and hybrid Cloud for archival services and preservation through the adoption of CDMI and associated standards, participation in initiatives to educate the market to the benefits of Cloud Archiving and Preservation best practices and to demonstrate to customers, vendors and companies that the cloud can be a reliable and trustable partner for archival and preservation; thereby driving market expansion of Cloud Archive and Preservation solutions and associated service offerings.
The SNIA CSI Cloud Archive/Preservation SIG will fulfill its mission by:
- Promoting CDMI and associated standards in support of cloud archive and preservation solutions and services.
- Advocating customer requirements and concerns around Cloud Archiving and ensuring that these requirements are addressed by the Cloud Archive/Preservation SIG members.
- Promoting the value of Cloud Archiving and Preservation including SNIA's model of Cloud Archiving and Preservation.
- Conducting and delivering Cloud Archive and Preservation market education.
- Conducting and promoting interoperability demonstrations/certifications and plugfests.
- Leveraging SNIA and the associated CSI committees to educate end-users, coordinate promotional events, build and foster industry alliances
http://sun-pasig.ning.com/ - Preservation and Archiving Special Interest Group
http://sites.tdl.org/austinpasig/ - Austin PASIG Conference
http://www.savingthedigitalworld.org/ - Saving The Digital World
Chad Thibodeau, Cleversafe, Inc.
Sebastian Zangaro, Hewlett-Packard