SNIA Conformance Testing Program (SNIA-CTP)
SNIA validates that a member company's products (software or hardware) conform to a particular version of the SMI-S specification for storage management. By the implementation of the Conformance Testing Program (CTP), SNIA can provide an impartial validation of a storage management software product, or affirm that an item of storage networking infrastructure conforms to a version of SMI-S.
CTP began in March of 2004. The CTP has released multiple versions of test suites to validate conformance of SMI-S enabled products since the program's beginning. The SNIA-CTP is an integral step towards bringing third party standards conformance to the marketplace. It consists of master test suites that are developed, owned, and operated by the SNIA. The CTP has testing for SAN device management software which conforms to the Storage Management Initiative Specification. This set of tests is known as the SMI-Provider test. The CTP also provides testing for software which manages the overall SAN using the Storage Management Initiative Specification. This sets of tests is known as the SMI-Client test.
CTP Test Results
View the list of the companies which have taken the SMI-Provider test. The information given on the page includes:
- Version of test taken
- Software product tested
- Hardware manageable by tested the software product
View the list of the companies which have taken the SMI-Client test.
View the list of companies and the testing that they are involved with for the Early Adopter work to stabilize various new SMI-S profiles.
CTP Participation and How to Get The Test
Is your company interested in having SMI enabled products tested? This area will outline the processes and assist your developers to be successful with SNIA-CTP testing.
- Understand the process of Product Testing for the SMI Specification.
- Download or view the Hardware Product Details list used in conjunction with test results submission.
- View the annual fees for testing.
- View the definitions and terms used for the SMI-Provider tests.
- View the list of official SMI-Provider test releases and their content. The information given on the page includes:
- Date of release
- Profiles available for testing
- Functions available for testing
View the CTP Statistics page which outlines the participation in the program. The information given on the page includes:
- Number of companies participating per SMI-S version
- Number of hardware products tested per SMI-S version
- Number of software products tested per SMI-S version
- Number of tests processed per SMI-S version