SMI-S Conformance Testing Program
SNIA validates that a company's products conform to a particular version of the SMI-S specification for storage management using the SMI-Provider Test.
The SMI-Provider Test is a collection of file driven test scripts written by SNIA. The scripts validate conformance to SMI-S profile rules, use of combinations of profiles and use of the profile rules to complete simple data storage tasks such as allocating a LUN to a server or setting and verifying the configuration of a SAN switch.
The SMI-Provider Test also verifies the conformance of important management software infrastructure to rules associated with the use of cyphersuites. The cypher suite rules are decribed in SNIA's TLS specification.
Important Message for Storage Buyers! - You should be asking your vendor for products which conform to the latest version of the SMI-Provider Test so that you know you are getting software which passes the proper security tests. Here is a list of versions that contain the security tests. Look for versions of 126.96.36.1993 or higher and 188.8.131.523 or higher.
SMI-S CTP Test Results
View the list of the companies which have taken the SMI-Provider Test. The information given on the page includes:
- Version of test taken
- Software product tested
- Hardware manageable by tested the software product
SMI-S CTP Participation and How to Get The Test
Is your company interested in having SMI-S enabled products tested? This area will outline the processes and assist your developers to be successful with SMI-S CTP testing.
- Understand the process of Product Testing for the SMI Specification.
- Download or view the Hardware Product Details list used in conjunction with test results submission.
- View the annual fees for testing.
- View the definitions and terms used for the SMI-Provider Tests.
- View the list of official SMI-Provider Test releases and their content. The information given on the page includes:
- Date of release
- Profiles available for testing
- Functions available for testing
SMI-S CTP Statistics
View the SMI-S CTP Statistics page which outlines the participation in the program. The information given on the page includes:
- Number of companies participating per SMI-S version
- Number of hardware products tested per SMI-S version
- Number of software products tested per SMI-S version
- Number of tests processed per SMI-S version