Green Storage Initiative (GSI)
GSI ~ Advancing energy efficiency and conservation
The SNIA Green Storage Initiative (GSI) is dedicated to advancing energy efficiency and conservation in all networked storage technologies and minimizing the environmental impact of data storage operations.
The GSI’s Mission
- Establish and maintain the SNIA Emerald™ Program for SNIA Emerald™ Energy Efficiency Measurement and conduct training of SNIA Emerald ™ testers and industry stakeholders
- Educate the IT industry, vendor community and regulatory bodies on techniques to conserve energy for enterprise storage environments
- Provide external advocacy and support of the technical work of the SNIA Green Storage Technical Working Group (TWG)
- Provide input to the SNIA Green Storage TWG on requirements for green storage measurement specifications, metrics and standards
- Establish and maintain cross-industry relationships and alliances to coordinate and advance data center energy efficiency related programs, test and measurement methods, and standards
GSI provides training on the SNIA EmeraldTM Power Efficiency Measurement Specification, for use in EPA ENERGY STAR®. For information on training sessions, visit the Emerald Web Site or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Green Storage Initiative Needs You!
You and your company can make a genuine difference by taking part in activities, collaborative efforts, and other educational and consciousness-raising events for the industry. Now is the opportunity to join and have an impact addressing these environmental challenges. The GSI has voting and non-voting membership levels ($9000 and $4500 annually; SNIA membership required), as well as individual/non-profit institutional memberships ($300; SNIA membership required). Please act today to join the companies listed below as proud members of the Green Storage Initiative.
For more information and membership, please contact GSI@snia.org.
SNIA Emerald™ Program
The SNIA Green Storage Initiative manages the SNIA Emerald™ Program.
Please visit the Emerald Web Site.
What's the Latest?
Emerald Training Course to be held in Colorado Springs July 14-17, 2014. Visit the Emerald Training Page.
SNIA Emerald™ Power Efficiency Measurement Specification Version 2.0.2 now available.
User Guide for the SNIA Emerald™ Power Efficiency Measurement Specification now available.
SNIA Green Tutorials
NEW - More than 20 Green-related tutorials now accessible in one location