Solid State Storage Initiative
Welcome to the Solid State Storage Initiative (SSSI), dedicated to fostering the acceptance and growth of Solid State Storage (SSS) in the marketplace. To achieve those goals, SSSI provides education, performs market outreach, and influences / promotes standards.
SSSI is leading the way in understanding and quantifying SSS performance.
SSDs behave very differently than HDDs, and standard HDD benchmarks will not provide a true picture of SSD performance. SSSI has developed substantial expertise in the area of SSD performance and behavior. The SSS Performance Test Specification was developed by the SNIA SSS Technical Work Group (TWG) and defines how to measure SSD performance in a manner that is accurate, repeatable and enables comparison between different manufacturers’ products.
The SSS PTS consists of two separate, precisely targeted specifications for Enterprise and Client. The specifications are available here.
A testing service based on the SSS Performance Test Specification is available. Details on the service are available here.
- NVDIMM Special Interest Group
- SSD Features Rating Project
- PCIe SSD Committee
- SSS Performance Test Specifications
- Understanding SSD Performance Project
- SSS Performance Test Specification Testing Service
- Workload I/O Capture Program
- Solid State Storage Standards Explained
- Solid State Storage Form Factors
- SSSI Blogroll
- SSSI Glossary
For More Information