SOLID STATE STORAGE EDUCATION
Listed below are whitepapers, webcasts, presentations and other relevant materials to quickly bring you up-to-speed on Solid State Storage. Resources are listed by topic -
- General Solid State & Persistent Memory Knowledge
- Non-Volatile Memory (Persistent Memory)
- PCIe SSD
- Data Recovery/Erase
You will want to scroll down the page, as the entries in each category are updated on a regular basis! Happy reading!
General Solid State and Persistent Memory Knowledge
SNIA 4th annual NVM Summit - NEW!
Download session videos and presentations at the main NVM Summit website: http://www.snia.org/nvmsummit
Solid State Storage Summit (SNIA Brighttalk Webcast) - NEW!
- Listen to SNIA Solid State Storage Initiative experts and analysts from the Evaluator Group on the latest updates on Solid State Technology
- Day 1 - Solid State Systems - 5 different webcasts from Intel, Load Dynamix, Evaluator Group, EMC, and HP
- Considerations for Accurately Measuring Solid State Systems
- Differences and Considerations of Solid State Systems - IT Perspective
- Solid State Storage Economics: Going Beyond Storage Efficiency
- Planning for Migration for All Solid State for Tier 1 Storage
- Developing a POC Plan for Solid State Systems
- Day 2 - Solid State Components - 5 different webcasts from the San Diego Supercomputer Center, NetApp, Micron, Toshiba, and SMART Modular
- Experiences Using SSDs for Technical Applications on SDSC's Gordon System
- New Application Workload Demands on Flash
- How Will Emerging Memory Technologies Impact Computing and Storage Architectures NVMe/PCIe as a Storage Interface
- The Evolution, Functionality, and Benefits of NVDIMMs
- Understanding Datacentre Workload Quality of Service - NEW!
- Survey: Storage Performance Needs (White Paper) - NEW!
- The PTS User Guide (Tech Note)
- Workload I/O Capture Program FAQ (Tech Note)
- Workload I/O Capture Program (White Paper)
- SSD Performance - A Primer (White Paper)
- Foreword to Understanding SSD Performance Using the SNIA SSS PTS (White Paper)
- SSS PTS Case Study (White Paper)
- Solid State Storage Performance Test Specification (SSS PTS) White Paper (White Paper)
- Storage Performance Benchmarking Guidelines – Part 1: Workload Design (White Paper)
- Eden Kim Describing the SSS PTS at Storage Visions (Video)
- How Many IOPS is Enough? (Webcast)
- How Your Data Gets to Your SSD — Exploring the Hardware/Software Stack (Webcast)
- How IOs Traverse the Hardware/Software Stack (Presentation)
- Understanding SSD PerformanceUsing the SSS Performance Test Specification (White Paper)
- Understanding SSD Performance Using the SSS Performance Test Specification (Webcast)
- Understanding SSD Performance Using the SSS Performance Test Specification (Presentation)
- SSD Performance Testing - Some Real Results (Webcast)
- SSSI Solid State Storage Performance Test Specification (Presentation)
- Validating SSS Performance (Presentation)
- Facing an SSS Decision? How SNIA is Helping Users Evaluate SSS Performance (Presentation)
Non-Volatile Memory/Persistent Memory
- SNIA NVDIMM Keynote at In-Memory Computing Summit 2016 on NVDIMM Futures and Roadmaps - NEW!!!!
- Providing Storage at Memory Speed Using NVDIMMs Sponsored by the SNIA NVDIMM SIG - NEW!
- SNIA NVM PM Remote Access for High Availability (Whitepaper) - NEW!
- NVDIMM Cookbook (SNIA Tutorial) - NEW!
- Persistent Memory Advances: Solutions with Endurance, Performance & Non-Volatilty (Webcast) - NEW!
- SNIA NVM Programming Model (Presentation)
- The Impact of the NVM Programming Model (Presentation)
- The Future of Computing – The Convergence of Memory and Storage through Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) (Presentations)
- NVDIMM - Persistence Pays (Webcast)
- Storage in the DIMM Socket (Presentation)
- NVDIMM SIG Hands-On Lab at Flash Memory Summit 2014 User Guide(Presentation)
- NVDIMM Messaging and FAQ (White Paper)
- NVDIMM Technical Brief (White Paper)
- NVDIMM - Fastest Tier in Your Storage Strategy (White Paper)
- Non-Volatile Memory and Its Use in Enterprise Applications (White Paper)
- NVDIMM: Enabling Greater ROI from SSDs (White Paper)
- PCIe SSD 101 (White Paper)
- Committee calls (Presentations)
- PCIe SSD Reception at Flash Memory Summit 2012 (Presentations)
- January 2012 PCIe SSD Roundtable (Presentations)
Data Recovery and Erase
- SSD Data Recovery: Benefits of Industrial Cooperation (White Paper) - NEW!
Solid State Storage Applications
- Flash Memory Enables Media and Entertainment Workflows (White Paper) - NEW!
- A Different Approach to Solid State Storage in the Cloud (Article) - NEW!
- Solid Flash to the Future (Article) - NEW!
- Flash Memory in Media & Entertainment (White Paper) - NEW!
- All About M.2 (Webcast)
- All About M.2 (Presentation)
- Flash Memory Speeds Media and Entertainment (Webcast)
- Best Practices for Solid State Storage Implementation: Live Roundtable (Webcast)
- Two May be Better than One; Why HDDs & Flash Belong Together (White Paper)
- Why HDD and Flash Belong Together (Webcast)
- The Benefits of Solid State in Enterprise Storage Systems (Webcast)
- Benefits of Solid State in Enterprise Storage (Presentation)
- Are SSDs Ready for Enterprise Storage Systems? (Presentation)
- Using Client SSDs in the Data Center (Presentation)
- Accelerating Applications and File Systems with Solid State (Presentation)
Solid State Storage Essentials
- SNIA and Flash (2015 article on SNIA SSSI and their activities)
- How Controllers Maximize SSD Life (Tech Note)
- SSDs-What's Important to You? (White Paper)
- NAND Flash Solid State Storage–An In-depth Look at Reliability (White Paper)
- Solid State Storage 101 (White Paper)
- Total Cost of Solid State Storage Ownership (White Paper)
- Solid Security - the Rise of Self-Encrypted Drives (Webcast)
- SSD Requirements, Endurance Test Method, Endurance Workloads (JEDEC Standards)