Become a Member
Develop Your Career While Advancing Your Profession
SNIA is committed to delivering standards, education, and services that will continue to propel storage networking solutions into the broader information technology market. As a member of the SNIA, you will be part of this exciting and far-reaching set of activities and initiatives. Membership in the SNIA has tremendous benefits. SNIA is the point of cohesion for vendors, service providers, the channel, and consumers of data storage networking products and services, making membership a key to success in the storage, networking, and IT industry.
Download the SNIA Membership Brochure.
Download the SNIA ROI Brochure.
"My work with SNIA has provided invaluable experiences for my career development, including access to a broad range of equipment, networking with other engineers in the storage industry, and enhancing my education on storage devices and technologies."
Kevin Webster, Software Engineer, IBM
Benefits of SNIA Membership
Benefits vary by class and category
Of fundamental benefit to all members: The SNIA is the place where members have real time, hands-on input into the development and marketing of the technology and standards that drive the future of the storage industry. This in turn puts members on the cutting edge of the data storage global business marketplace.
Joining the SNIA provides an opportunity to:
- Participate in Technical Work Groups that further storage technologies and standards and provide a tremendous resource for expansion of your technical knowledge
- Understand and anticipate future market requirements for SNIA Conformance Testing Program against current SNIA standards, as well as those under development
- Network with other members and gain access to your peers from across the storage ecosystem
- Provide your sales and marketing departments with access to the storage industry's leading media and analysts
- Gain access -and contribute- to the SNIA's collection of publications, presentations, tutorials, technical papers, and social media outposts
- Participate in SNIA's SMI-Lab Program, an industry-wide collaborative program that helps companies accelerate the development and implementation of SMI-S based Client and Provider products from SNIA member companies
- Participate in members-only symposia for Technical Work Groups, Committees, and Forums
- Receive members-only discounts for SNIA-sponsored training and events
- Interact with end-users, including SNIA Distinguished Professionasl
- Access end-user surveys and receive a strategic marketing advantage
- Drive development of specifications, architecture, and standards
- Post corporate press releases on the SNIA Web site
- Leverage members-only reduced lab rates at the SNIA Technology Center in Colorado Springs
- Achieve professional certification through the SNIA Storage Networking Certification Program
- Receive members-only discounts to host meetings and events at the SNIA Technology Center
SERVICE PROVIDER AND CHANNEL
|Company Customer, Individual, Non-profit Institution||Technology Affiliate Member|
|Eligible for Board, Tech Council seat||Yes||No||No||No|
|Eligible for Chair of Work Group, Committee||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Vote in Board, Tech Council elections and Annual Meeting||Yes||No||No||No|
|Vote for SNIA Architectures||Yes||No||No||No|
|Vote in Work Groups, Committees||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Participate in Work Groups, Committees||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Right to use SNIA IP||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Access to members-only Web site||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Register for email-reflectors||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Discount on SNIA-sponsored events||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Hotlink to member company Web site||Yes||Yes||Customer Company only||Yes|
|Display member logo on SNIA Web site||Yes||No||No||No|
|Display SNIA logo on member Web site||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Listed in SNIA annual report||Yes||Yes||Customer Company and Non-Profit only||Yes|
|Post company success stories on SNIA.org||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Post company press releases on SNIA.org||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
Vendor Membership - Leading the Way
Vendor members of the SNIA are industry leaders — driving specifications, architecture, and standards. Regardless of your company’s size, the SNIA has created an environment that encourages cross-company collaboration that enables real solutions.
Vendor membership is open to all storage industry vendors, including OEMs, software vendors, and professional services vendors. Each employee of a vendor company is eligible to participate in SNIA's members-only activities and programs and will receive a password to our members' only site.
Service Providers, Distributors, Integrators, VARs, and Resellers should see the Service Provider and Channel categories of membership. For more information on vendor pricing information visit the pricing page.
Service Provider and Channel Membership - Building Value Across the Supply Chain
SNIA recognizes the role service providers, distributors, integrators, VARs, and resellers play in promoting the adoption of leading-edge storage technologies. And our vendor-neutral environment is the ideal place for these kinds of companies to maximize efforts to provide cost-effective solutions to client's data storage and management needs.
If your organization provides managed IT and/or communication services to other businesses typically on a periodic subscription model, including infrastructure, storage and data management,, platform, network, data insurance, and software, the Service Provider membership category is for you.
If your organization offers solutions and professional services for vendor's and service provider's products, including distributors, value-added-resellers (VARs), system integrators, and resellers, the Channel membership category is for you.
Top Ten Reasons to Become a Service Provider or Channel Member
- Become part of the leading storage ecosystem
- Identify and reach profitable new markets through access to a network of leading storage vendors and end users
- Gain professional recognition as a significant contributor within the storage community
- Ensure that you offer the right technologies while expanding your customer base
- Participate in our work groups and add to your technical expertise
- Save money and time by testing your solutions before they go live by accessing the SNIA Technology
- Preview the industry’s most exciting developments through involvement in Committees, Forums, and Initiatives
- Stay informed and competitive with contributions to newsletters, webcasts on the SNIA BrightTALK Channel, podcasts, and SNIA social media outposts on LInkedin, Facebook, and Twitter
- Differentiate yourself and show value to vendors and end users by becoming a SNIA Certified Channel Professional
- Learn first-hand what end users are demanding from their storage providers via face-to-face and social networking
As a Service Provider or Channel member, each employee of your company is eligible to participate in SNIA's member's-only activities and programs and receive a password to our member's-only site. For more information on channel membership pricing information, visit the pricing page.
"From Intervision's perspective, SNIA is very valuable. It gives us a level of credibility in the storage networking space that many of our customers all but require. Additionally, the industry standard certifications provide us with a method to educate our internal staff at all levels. Finally, the methodologies and initiatives promoted by SNIA help to improve the quality and effectiveness of the solutions and service we provide our customers."
Intervision Systems Technologies Inc.
SNIA Channel Member
SNIA's individual members stay current, connected, and marketable. Working alongside industry leaders, individual members have the opportunity to sharpen their professional skills, gaining both technical or marketing knowledge that otherwise could take years of on-the-job training.
Individual Membership is open to anyone who supports the mission and objectives of the SNIA. Individual membership entitles an individual to participate in Technical Work Groups (TWG) and Committee meetings and access the members-only portion of the SNIA Web site. For more information on membership and on dues please visit our pricing page.
SNIA non-profit memberships are open to qualified universities, teaching hospitals, federal/state/local government agencies, and military organizations. This category of membership entitles faculty and students to attend Technical Work Group meetings, access the "Groups at Work" portion of our Web site, and receive special member rates for conferences. Applications MUST be submitted by a verifiable official of the institution. Student applications are not accepted. Annual Membership dues are complimentary.
Technology Affiliate Membership
A SNIA Technology Affiliate (TA) is a group of MEMBERS authorized by the SNIA Board of Directors in response to requests and market interest, to act consistent with the SNIA’s status as a vendor neutral organization to (1) advance the development and adoption of specific standards-based technologies, (2) promote the growth and development of storage and storage networking systems and technologies, and (3) identify interoperability issues and develop solutions for interoperability.
A SNIA Technology Affiliate is a Technical Working Body consisting of a specifically named TWG(s) and is overseen by the Technical Council to execute on its technical deliverables; and is overseen by the Board of Directors to operate within its charter and resources. The charter of a Technology Affiliate must be approved by both the Board of Directors and the Technical Council. To learn more about SNIA Technology Affiliate, click to download powerpoint.