SNIA Advances Persistent Memory and Solid State Technical Knowledge at Flash Memory Summit 2016
Colorado Springs, Colo. (July 27, 2016) – The Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) and its Solid State Storage Initiative (SSSI) today outlined the details of its participation in the upcoming Flash Memory Summit 2016, which will feature a variety of educational, training and networking opportunities for conference attendees.
SNIA’s Key Activities At Flash Memory Summit 2016
WHAT: Flash Memory Summit 2016 - www.flashmemorysummit.com
WHERE: Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA
WHEN: August 8-11, 2016
WHAT: SNIA and SSSI Sessions at Flash Memory Summit:
- Persistent Memory (Pre-conference Session C)
NVDIMM presentation by Arthur Sainio, SNIA NVDIMM SIG Co-Chair, SMART Modular
Monday, August 8, 8:30 am- 12:00 noon
- Data Recovery of SSDs (Session 102-A)
- SIG activity discussion by Scott Holewinski, SSSI Data Recovery/Erase SIG Chair, Gillware
Tuesday, August 9, 9:45 am - 10:50 am
- Persistent Memory – Beyond Flash, organized by the SNIA Solid State Storage Initiative Persistent Memory – Beyond Flash (Forum R-21)
- Chairperson: Jim Pappas, SNIA Board of Directors Vice-Chair/SSSI Co-Chair, Intel; papers presented by SNIA members Rob Peglar, Symbolic IO, Rob Davis, Mellanox, Ken Gibson, Intel, Doug Voigt, HPE, and Neal Christensen, Microsoft
Wednesday, August 10, 8:30 am - 11:00 am
- NVDIMM Panel, organized by the SNIA NVDIMM SIG (Session 301-B)
- Chairperson: Jeff Chang SNIA NVDIMM SIG Co-Chair, AgigA Tech; papers presented by SNIA members Alex Fuqa, HPE, and Neal Christensen, Microsoft
Thursday, August 11, 8:30 am - 9:45 am
SNIA Education Afternoon –An open to the public pre-conference event held on Monday, August 8 from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm, in SCCC Room 203/204, where attendees can learn about multiple storage-related topics with five SNIA Tutorials on flash storage, combined service infrastructures, VDBench, stored-data encryption, and Non-Volatile DIMM (NVDIMM) integration via SNIA Seminars from SNIA member speakers.
Solid State Storage Initiative Reception –A networking event open to SNIA members and colleagues on Monday, August 8 from 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm in SCCC Room 203/204 with SSSI leadership providing perspectives on the persistent memory and SSD markets, SSD performance, NVDIMM, SSD data recovery/erase, and interface technology. Attendees will also be entered into a drawing to win solid state drives.
Visit us in the Expo –The SNIA SSSI can be found in booth #820 in Hall B and in the Solutions Showcase in Hall C on the Flash Memory Summit Exhibit Floor. Attendees can review a series of updated performance statistics on NVDIMM and SSD, see live NVDIMM demonstrations, access SSD data recovery/erase education, and preview a new white paper discussing erasure with regard to SSDs. SNIA representatives will also be present to discuss other SNIA programs such as certification, conformance testing, membership, and conferences.
FOLLOW: SNIA Solid State Storage Initiative developments: